Welcome Americans and Friends Thereof!
Go to join.americansingermany.club to network and socialize with Americans in your area.
We are currently a “klein aber fein” collection of folks, but we’re growing by the day! We are organized on Slack and Meetup, and our core user base is currently Rhein-Main (Frankfurt and surroundings).
Meet new friends and create group chats about topics you’re interested in, or for your own local area!
Share this site with your friends, organize events. The possibilities are endless :)
If you need to get your bearings in Slack, try this how-to!
Here is a quick summary of how this Slack works:
- Sign up for an account on this Slack.
- Post a hello message in the #general channel to introduce yourself.
- Be sure to set your notification preferences to “Direct Messages, Keywords and @-Mentions Only”. This way you are only notified if some is talking to you directly. I’m currently trying to make this the default setting.
- Think about joining one of the channels for individual cities, like #darmstadt.
- If you want to meet folks fast, join the #chat-roulette channel, and be randomly matched in 4-way chats once a week.
- Use your common sense.
- No Trump fans (see rule number 1).
See you in Slack!